The Open Amiga Game Database is now in open beta. This means that you can use the system without having to ask for an account. You still need to have a username/password for system while in beta, but you can quickly register an account yourself via this new account registration page: http://oagd.net/user/register.
The database contains configuration information for Amiga games. When used in combination with FS-UAE Launcher:
- You can scan folders for floppy images, CD images and WHDLoad games (.adf, .ipf, .zip, .rar, .iso, etc).
- Youíll automatically get game entries in FS-UAE Launcher for detected games.
- Covers and screenshots for the games will automatically appear in FS-UAE Launcher.
- The system allows for multiple variants per game. For example different cracks, original .ipf images, WHDLoad version, etc.
- The games are already configured correctly (*) and can be launched with the press of a button.
After having created an oagd.net account, you can enable the database beta feature in FS-UAE launcher: http://fs-uae.net/database.
The online database is not limited to be used by only FS-UAE Launcher, but this is the only known client to use the database at this time.
(*) Of course, some games may not be configured correctly yet, but thatís the point of the online database. If you discover a problem, you can either submit a fix yourself, or report it and let someone else fix it. Either way, the corrections will be synchronized to your FS-UAE Launcher as well as to other FS-UAE Launcher users.